Other LTA Websites
You can play a part. Be prepared.
Be our eyes and ears. Together we can make every
ride on Public Transport system a safe journey.
To identify a suspicious item, use H.O.T protocol:
• Is it Hidden?
• Is it Obvious?
• Is it not Typical of the environment (e.g. a
bag inside a fire extinguisher cabinet)
If you spotted any suspicious item:
• Ask around to see if the item belongs to anyone
• Do not touch or move the item
• Report the item to either the staff on duty or call 999
If you spotted any suspicious person, report using: S.A.L.U.T.E:
• Size – Number of people, Gender, Age & Physical Descriptions
• Activity – What are they doing that is out of the ordinary
• Location – Note the exact location
• Uniform – Describe what are they wearing including shoes
• Time – Note of the date, time and duration of activity
• Equipment – Bag, vehicle model, colour, license plate number, camera, video etc.